The Ministry of Economic Development and Tourism of Montenegro presented the 2023 Programme for Improving the Competitiveness of the Economy worth 3 million euros and the Programme for the development and promotion of handicrafts worth 175.000 euros. Businesses can apply for these grants until September, and more information about the program lines can be obtained HERE.
The Programme for Improving the Competitiveness of the Economy includes a package of financial and non-financial support that will contribute to the further strengthening and development of the Montenegrin economy. The goal of the programme is to increase the competitiveness of small and medium-sized enterprises with special emphasis on women and young people in business, as well as enterprises from less developed municipalities. In this context, up to 50% reimbursement of costs will be available to companies, up to 70% for women and young people who are business owners and even up to 80% refund for companies established and operating in less developed municipalities.
The programme envisages nine program lines:
- Programme line for the purchase of high-value equipment;
- Programme line to support small investments;
- Programme line for digitisation support;
- Programme line for the promotion of the circular economy;
- Programme line to support internationalisation;
- Programme line for the improvement of marketing;
- Programme line – Vouchers for women and young people in business;
- Programme line for beginners in business;
- Programme line for providing mentoring services.
The Ministry also allocated financial support for the Programme for the development and promotion of handicrafts for the procurement of equipment and tools for the performance of handicraft activities, as well as the organisation and participation in domestic and international fairs and events.
Applications for the available programme lines are made through the programi.gov.me portal and are open until September 30, 2023.