Are you interested in exploring the innovations that are transforming aquaculture into a sustainable sector? Join our Aquaculture Showcase event that will take place on November 23, 2021
EIT Food’s Aquaculture Showcase virtual event will explore the latest research and innovations in the aquaculture sector.
The event will showcase the winning projects from EIT Food’s aquaculture competition that launched in 2020 to accelerate sustainable innovation in the aquaculture sector. These projects address a variety of challenges within the sector including:
– Reducing food loss and waste by extending the shelf life of seafood products whilst increasing product safety and quality
– Enhancing product quality, fish welfare and reducing likelihood of disease
– Producing high-quality and accessible sustainable feeds
– Preserving marine biodiversity and ecosystems
– Transforming aquaculture into a circular form of food production
– Increasing the resilience and competitiveness of the EU aquaculture sector
– Strengthening collaboration among stakeholders and addressing skills gaps.
The event will include a keynote presentation from Melanie Siggs, Director of Strategic Engagements at the Global Aquaculture Alliance on the current EU aquaculture landscape. There will also be a keynote presentation from Laura Krishfield, Senior Research Associate at LUX Research on the role of innovation and technology in the sector.
The event will include an exhibition zone and opportunities for networking.
Limited spaces available – Register below to secure your ticket: https://bit.ly/3ccjg8R