The Circularity Demo Day is a one-day event where selected circular startups from the Western Balkan region will pitch in front of an international panel of experts and investors. The event provides hands-on support to early-stage start-ups and businesses who seek to adopt circular economy principles, reduce waste and emissions, increase revenue, and develop innovative practices. By participating in the event startups will be able to position their business as a leader in the circular economy, attracting talent and investment and increasing revenue.
- Experiencing a regional, diverse and innovative environment
- Peer-to-peer exchange between startups and their international networks
- The pitch at Demo Day in Skopje in front of a recognized panel of experts and investors
- You are part of a team or an individual entrepreneur with a circular business idea.
- You aim to create a positive environmental and/or social impact in your community or country through your product offerings, operations, or processes while creating a profit.
- You are dedicated eager to learn and passionate about your cause.
- You have a sound, technical understanding of your business or idea, but would like to learn more about how to build an effective and sustainable business model for success.
- You are in your early stages.
- Your business is innovative and unique in some way.
- You want to learn, connect, and share with others: you are eager to network with like-minded green entrepreneurs from across the region.
- You are comfortable with written & spoken English language.
Who can apply?
- Startups and SMEs from Macedonia, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Croatia and Slovenia.
- The enterprise must operate or be intended to operate as a for-profit business in one of the countries listed above.
- The enterprise must demonstrate a circularity focus.
- Quality of the business idea
- Technical and commercial feasibility
- Future potential for growth
- Stage of development
- Market expertise and team
Thursday 7 December (11:00 – 15:30 CET)
- 10:30 – 10:45 | Registration
- 10:45 – 11:00 | Opening words
- 11:00 – 12:30 | Pitch session 1
- 12:30 – 13:00 | Coffee break
- 13:00 – 14:30 | Pitch session 2
- 14:30 – 15:30 | Networking
* Envisaged 18 circular startups (3 per country) from the WB region will be selected to pitch.
* Each startup will be given 5 minutes for presentation, followed by 5 minutes Q&A from the expert panel.
*** Travel and accommodation (2 nights) will be covered by the organizer.
Please apply here: http://www.yes.org.mk/Media/News.aspx?n=768&r=6&l=54&c=22