The European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) is an independent body of the European Union, established in 2008 to strengthen Europe’s ability to innovate. It is an integral part of Horizon Europe, the EU’s Framework Programme for Research and Innovation.
As a unique EU initiative, it drives innovation across Europe by bring together organisations from business, education and research to find solutions to pressing global challenges, create jobs and deliver sustainable economic growth opportunities for Europe. It does this by supporting the development of dynamic, long-term pan-European partnerships among leading companies, research labs and higher education institutions, called EIT Knowledge and Innovation Communities (KICs). Bringing together more than 2,000 partners, the EIT is Europe’s largest innovation network.
There are currently eight EIT KICs and each focuses on a specific societal challenge:
- EIT Climate-KIC: Accelerating the transition to a zero-carbon economy
- EIT Digital: For a strong, digital Europe. Inclusive. Fair. Sustainable.
- EIT InnoEnergy: Accelerating sustainable energy innovations
- EIT Health: Promoting innovation in health
- EIT RawMaterials: Developing raw materials into a major strength for Europe
- EIT Food: Making the food system more sustainable, healthy and trusted
- EIT Manufacturing: Leading manufacturing is Made by Europe
- EIT Urban Mobility: Solving the mobility challenges facing our cities together
Together with leading partners, all EIT KICs offer a wide range of innovation and entrepreneurship activities: entrepreneurial education courses that combine technical and entrepreneurship skills, tailored business creation and acceleration services and innovation driven research projects. This turns students into entrepreneurs, brings new ideas and solutions to the market and accelerates their growth, and most importantly, delivers innovation.
Innovate with the EIT and discover the opportunities that suits you best. In this section of the EIT website, you can find all available opportunities offered by the EIT and its KICs.